Notice See the COVID Mitigation Protocols Established for Safe JR Operations (COPE), updated 25 January 2023. For information about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and COVID-19, please see the Texas A&M University Coronavirus Update site.
Recent Science Reports
- Expedition 400 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 397T Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 399 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 397 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 393 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 397T Preliminary Report
News Stories See all news stories
- Drilling Deeper Into Ocean Floor in Search for Origins of Life
- Cretalive boarded the impressive drillship “JOIDES Resolution” (In Greek; read in English via Google Translate)
- When will the Santorini volcano erupt again? (In Greek; read in English via Google Translate)
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation. With an international workforce and scientists with many different backgrounds and perspectives, the JRSO promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, which is reflected in our JRSO Code of Conduct.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.