Call for Applications to Sail
Current Science Reports
- Expedition 397 Science Reports
- Expedition 397 Daily Reports
- Expedition 397 Week 6 Report
- Expedition 397 Site U1587 Summary
- Expedition 397 Week 7 Photo Gallery
Recent Science Reports
- Expedition 400 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 397T Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 399 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 390 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 392 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 391 Preliminary Report
Expedition 397: Iberian Margin Paleoclimate
News Stories See all news stories
- Scientists investigate Portuguese coast to understand climate change (in Portuguese; read in English via Google Translate)
- Secrets from the depths of Santorini (in Greek; read in English via Google Translate)
- Carbon in organic form discovered in the depths of the earth (in French; read in English via Google Translate)
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation. With an international workforce and scientists with many different backgrounds and perspectives, the JRSO promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, which is reflected in our JRSO Code of Conduct.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.