Scientific Ocean Drilling Vessel
See Laboratory Manuals, Guides, and Resources for XRD and XRF.
See Laboratory Manuals, Guides, and Resources for X-Ray Image Logger (XMSL).
See all chemicals used in shipboard labs.
The purpose of the X-ray lab is to carry out powder diffraction analyses of minerals and rock powders. The software package MacDiff is available onboard for processing and analysis of XRD diffraction patterns.
- Bruker AXS D4 Endeavor X-ray diffractometer (XRD)
- DIFFRAC.EVA software
- Haskris water-water chiller for XRD
- Mettler-Toledo XS204 dual-balance system
- Olympus DELTA Premium energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer
- Please note that proprietary manuals may be available upon request and subject to limited use